A fresher expression of California Cabernet Sauvignon, fresh and bright with pure radiant fruit and lively acidity and soft tannins.
Variety: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
Vineyard: Wirth Ranch
Location: Solano County Green Valley
Production: 1149 Cases
This year’s release is a fresher expression of California Cabernet Sauvignon, fresh and bright, with pure radiant fruit, lively acidity, and soft tannins with a long, bright finish. Beautiful plum, red berry, herb and minerality on the nose.
90% of the Cabernet Sauvignon grapes were destemmed and the remaining 10% of grapes were left whole cluster to line the bottom of the tank. Fermented with native yeast and no SO2 and pressed early to lessen the amount of tannins in the wine.
The grapes come from Wirth Ranch, located in the heart of Solano County’s Green Valley, between Napa and Suisun Valley. The 30-year-old vines grow deep in iron-rich soils and is farmed organically.